My Friendly Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

An Online Girl

A Short Story
 “An Online Girl”


Okay. My name was Ocha. I was eighteen years old. Yes, you were right. I was in senior high school at the top class. Did you know something about me?
Maybe it was funny and too quick to ask you like that.
LOL (Loud Out Laughing). :D

Yeah. I was an online girl.

Lately, world had changed. There was information that we want to know, it was easy to be gotten. Did you know why? Yeah. It was internet. It had changed my world and my life particularly. I spent all day on my laptop. By all means, I was online, online, online, and online. Since I had a laptop and a modem, internet drove me crazy. “Oh, no…!!! God, help me, please!”

At first time I spent my time on internet for useless things. I had an account in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and MySpace. Just browsing and chatting with people in social network sites, but I did not know what I had to get from them. I was like a foolish girl.

One day I read my old teenager magazine. It wrote how to make a blog.
“What is blog?” thought me.
"Mmm... It's enough absorbed me," I murmured, "I will try to make a blog."

Blogging was a useful activity for me. Then, blogging was one of my favorite activities lately on internet. I could spend my time for six hours to blog. By being a blogger, we could share information to others, write everything that we want to write on our own blog, acquainted with bloggers from other regions, and get many prizes that be held by blogger in Give Away event. In my mind, I had to be an exist blogger. I meant I had to be an up to date girl. “I am like a narcissism girl.” No wonder, my mother got angry to me if I forgot time to do chare.

“Ocha,” said my mother to me.
“Yes, Mom! I am here. Why?” replied me from my room.
“Come here, Cha.”
“Yes, Mom. I am here. Wait, please.”
“Ochaaaaaaaaa!” my mother shouted.
“Oh My God! I was gotten angry by Mom again,” I complained inwardly.
“Yaaaaaaaaa… I am coming. What’s up?” answered me.
“You are like a stubborn girl. I call you twice, but you do not care. What do you do in your room?” my mother said angrily.

I was silent. Not to try saying a word. I was afraid. Only following what as my mother has just said.

***

As a blogger, I had a habit to do a blogwalking. Blogwalking was like an activity to read some articles from other bloggers and we had to leave a comment for him. Sometimes, from blog walking activity we could get a surprised something that we had not had before. I had joined some writing competitions from BLOGdetik, but my writing never won.

“Oh, poor me! I could not win those competitions many times,” I said damply.
Consequently, I had felt to be disappointed with my writings. Until one day, there was a Give Away competition from my blogger’s friend, her name was Chika. She made a writing contest for other bloggers. The writing was about the experiences of blogger as long as he became a blogger.

“Will I join in this competition?” asked me inwardly, “I am sure, I will not be a winner.”
“Never mind. If I do not win, it will not become a problem. If I win, it will make me spirit to keep blogging. Allah, bless me, please!” I hoped with a full expectation.

Finally, I join that competition. The title of my writing was My Blog Is My Life.
A week later, after the time for joining Give Away finished, Chika could not announce the winner because she was sick.

“Oh, Chika writes about her self in her blog. She is sick. Okay, I will leave a comment for her. I hope she gets better soon and can announce the winner tomorrow.”

***

“Arin. Arin. Arin. Come here! Come here!” I screamed from my room.
“What happened with you?” she asked me with shocking expression.
“I…, I…, I…, I win the writing competition. Allah, thanks for You. Alhamdulillah,” said me happily. This was the first time for me to be a winner.
“Wow, it is good, cool, awesome, wonderful, fantastic, unbeliev… ”
“Heyyyyy… Arin, please, stop to mention those words. You give the adulation.”
“Raditya Dika, I love you so much.          You are my inspiration. Love you, love you, love you,” I said as Radith would hear my saying.

“Okay. I am sorry. So, what is the prize for your winning?” asked Arin to me.
“A mug, a flannel, and a pin.”
“Just them?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“Just asking. Mmmm… Ocha, I want the flannel. Please, give me it!” requested Arin.
“It is OK. Accidentally, today is your birthday, as a kind sister, I will give it to you. In other word, this is my gift for you. Is it right?”
“Yes. It is right. Thank you, my beloved sister. Love you so much,” she said sincerely.
“Oh, I nearly forget. I will also give a mug for Mom as my gift in her birthday this week. Hopefully, this is able to make Mom happy, isn’t it?” I promised to my self.

Seemingly, I was not too bad as an online girl. We could give the best thing for people who we love from our activity on internet. Important to note, we had to be able to organize our time, between in real world and cyber world. In addition, we did not waste our time for useless activities. Be a good person for our family by using internet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah, kamu jago bahasa Inggris ya. Bisa jadi cerpen keren lho. kirim aja ke majalah The story. Kalo gak saalah ada cerpen bahasa Inggris deh di majalah itu.

ningsyafitri said...

Iya, Mba???
Ok. Ok. Nnti Ning coba deh...
Mksh infonya ya, Mba...
Tpi, Ning gak tahu alamat emailnya mjlh The Story...
nnti Ning coba2 gugling deh...